Pro Bono Remote Medical Consultants to support telemedicine service in Guinea, Africa
The Non-profit Partner is a small (but growing) team of volunteers building a telehealth services across Guinea, West Africa. Their main aim is to establish the first tech-forward network of Guinea doctors and nurses providing teleconsultations and home-care visits to save time, money, and lives. Thus they need help to provide telemedicine-focused basic outpatient care via Internet-based remote access (WhatsApp video and voice) to their small but growing social impact venture.
Type: Knowledge Transfer (Probono)
Online Project: Yes
Minimum Stay: 12 weeks
Max. No. of Volunteers: 1-2
Project focus: Health, Medical Care
SDG: 03 Good Health and Well-Being
- Collaborate with our local doctors and nurses to provide teleconsultations and virtual home care visits to examine patients and determine diagnoses.
- Prescribe exams and review results to ascertain the nature and the extent of illnesses.
- Collaborate with local doctors to prescribe medications in accordance with the medications available in Guinea’s local market.
- Help maintain patient records on our database.
- Accurately document details of consultations and the steps taken to help the patients.
- Collaborate with local doctors and nurses to educate patients on the benefits of primary care.
- Medical training and professional background acquired in North America or Europe
- Good command in French and/or English
We offer you the possibility to engage yourself in a culturally and professionally challenging environment. Besides giving something back to the world; you get an excellent opportunity to further develop your personality and intercultural competence. We find a social project that perfectly matches your qualifications and preferences; prepare you for your new assignment; guide you before and during your volunteering experience, help to fundraise your mission and following up on your achievements once you get home. For this service we charge 1.600 Euro (net).
In short: We will make sure that all you need for a successful mission is provided to you!
or how this project makes a difference:
Long Term aim (desired impact):
Help underserved population save time, money, and lives
Short Term aim (desired output for the individual volunteer coming):
Help reach and treat more patients, improve quality of care
Accommodation on arrival:
Project is closed:
Social activities (organised by partner):
Via Nasser Diallo (Clinic+O Founder)
Volunteer ensures and pays for Internet access from own location
Other relevant information:
After an extensive consultation and presentation of the first suitable projects, we will conclude a written agreement. In order to have planning security for all stakeholders.
Presentation of Volunteer Profile to Project Partner
Your application documents will be presented to the project partner.
If the project partner decides for you, he documents this on the so-called Confirmation of Assignment (COA).
This is an indication for us that the pure mediation process is completed here and we can start with the preparation.
You will be prepared individually according to your previous knowledge.
At regular intervals, we as well as the project partners expect a short documentation of your project results and progress.
At the end of the project a feedback round takes place and the project work will be evaluated together with all participants.
Qualified Letter of Reference
After successful implementation of the project, you will receive a qualified letter of reference.
Do you think that this project perfectly fits you?
In that case we welcome your resume and motivation letter in English. Please mention the assignment title and its VJD-No. as reference. We will of course ensure complete confidentiality and discretion while processing your inquiry.
All information is correct to the best of our knowledge, but we cannot guarantee its accuracy and completeness.
Save you favorite projects on your wishlist
- Keep interesting projects always in sight - even mobile!
- Save and manage search agents
- Free and easy: only your e-mail and password are needed
Your personal data will be protected
We guarantee the maximum protection of your personal data and do not pass it on to third parties.