Probono Consultant for a Micro Finance project for women in India
The registered Non- profit and social welfare organization, proudly presents its eleventh years to achievements in social, economical, mainly centered, Political, educational and environmental aspects which are uplifting the rural poor and downtrodden people in Theni and Dindigul districts of Tamilnadu, India. The organization received Micro Finance support for the following two major projects. An agriculture one proving a small area of about 250 Hectares lands and a Women Self Help Group (WSHG). The 2000 WSHG members will get Micro Finance Support to Cultivar at lease one acre of land, in order to increase economic development of their families,which will then improve the children’s education and Health conditions due to nutritious food. For the minimum time of 12 weeks, we are looking for Probono Consultants for a Micro Finance project for Women in India.
Type: Knowledge Transfer (Probono)
Online Project: Yes
Location: Batlagundu, Tamil Nadu 624202, India
Minimum Stay: 12 weeks
Max. No. of Volunteers: 2 VOLUNTEERS
Project focus: Microfinance; Women/Girls, Women’s Issues, Women Empowerment; Agriculture, Organic Farming
SDG: 05 Gender Equality; 10 Reduced Inequalities
- Evaluation of the completed and ongoing projects.
- Documentation of the Activities, inputs, outcome etc.,
- Reference to the supporting Agencies.
- Mobilization of Micro Finance support.
- Assistance in Implementation, Monitoring Documentation, Evaluation etc.,
- Assistance in Repayment of Micro Finance loan, Reporting and follow-up.
- Give training to project staff.
- Project Proposal formulation and submission to Micro finance support agencies.
- Volunteer should have at least 5 years of experience in the following fields Finance; Environment, Conservation; Agriculture or Controlling
- Experience in Micro Finance mobilization
- Interest in Agriculture development, organic farming and climate change projects.
- Involvement in women development.
- Passionate about numbers!
We offer you the possibility to engage yourself in a culturally and professionally challenging environment. Besides giving something back to the world; you get an excellent opportunity to further develop your personality and intercultural competence. We find a social project that perfectly matches your qualifications and preferences; prepare you for your new assignment; guide you before and during your volunteering experience, help to fundraise your mission and following up on your achievements once you get home. For this service we charge 1.600 Euro (net).
In short: We will make sure that all you need for a successful mission is provided to you!
or how this project makes a difference:
Long Term aim (desired impact):
• The 2000 Women Self Help Group members will get Micro Finance Support to Cultivar at lease one acre of land by per members.
• The increase Micro Finance Support will increase the Agriculture land area which automatically reduce the Global warming
• The social economic development of 2000 Families will get increased.
• The regular income of the family will promote the children education and Health conditions.
Short Term aim (desired output for the individual volunteer coming):
• 2000 areas of uncultivated land became Agriculture lands.
• 2000 women will get employment opportunity in their farm activities.
• The Technology development on Regeneration of Agriculture land reconviction of irrigation system, organic farming, Multi cropping etc., will be transferred to the Traditional farming community.
• 2000 families are direct beneficiaries and 1500 families will get indirect income by input, output, marketing activities.
• The children will receive quality education and nutritious food.
Accommodation on arrival:
Project is closed:
The volunteers will have an annual leave of around 30 to 40 days during April – May. During this period the volunteers can participate in NGO Activities such as Women Empowerment, Tribal Development, Environmental Projects etc.
Social activities (organised by partner):
Tour to Kodaikanal – Hill Resort in the Western Ghats, Tamilnadu
Visit to Temple of Rich culture and Heritage in Tamilnadu
Visit to Places of Tourist Attractions
If needed any other place of the volunteers interest
Cost per person – Approximately 200 to 300 Euro per person.
TAMIL and HINDI
EUR 70 per person per language per month
A Project Associate from our Organisation will assist.
Wi Fi available at free of cost
Other relevant information:
The Volunteers are expected to be available at the project location for at least 2 months.
After an extensive consultation and presentation of the first suitable projects, we will conclude a written agreement. In order to have planning security for all stakeholders.
Presentation of Volunteer Profile to Project Partner
Your application documents will be presented to the project partner.
If the project partner decides for you, he documents this on the so-called Confirmation of Assignment (COA).
This is an indication for us that the pure mediation process is completed here and we can start with the preparation.
You will be prepared individually according to your previous knowledge.
At regular intervals, we as well as the project partners expect a short documentation of your project results and progress.
At the end of the project a feedback round takes place and the project work will be evaluated together with all participants.
Qualified Letter of Reference
After successful implementation of the project, you will receive a qualified letter of reference.
Do you think that this project perfectly fits you?
In that case we welcome your resume and motivation letter in English. Please mention the assignment title and its VJD-No. as reference. We will of course ensure complete confidentiality and discretion while processing your inquiry.
All information is correct to the best of our knowledge, but we cannot guarantee its accuracy and completeness.
Save you favorite projects on your wishlist
- Keep interesting projects always in sight - even mobile!
- Save and manage search agents
- Free and easy: only your e-mail and password are needed
Your personal data will be protected
We guarantee the maximum protection of your personal data and do not pass it on to third parties.