Volunteers as care taker for rehabilitation project of children living in difficult condition in India.
In India 17 Million children are living in difficult condition. This nonprofit organization is working towards creating better life for the children living in difficult condition. They currently working with four categories such as children with disability, children suffering from chronic illness, children of sex workers, children living on streets and railway platforms. They RESCUE, REHABILITATE and MAINSTREAM these children by working along with grass root organizations. Currently their work is mainly concentrated in slums and backward villages in South India. For the minimum time of 4 weeks, we are looking for Volunteers as care taker for ‘rehab’ project of street children in India.
Type: Helping Hands
Online Project: No
Location: Bangalore, India
Minimum Stay: 4 weeks
Max. No. of Volunteers: 20
Project focus: Special Projects; Street Children
SDG: 04 Quality Education; 03 Good Health and Well-Being
- Be a care taker for special children
- Help with the medical treatment to the children
- Teach: English, mathematics, rhymes etc.
- Prepare vocational training, basic skills training, numerical skills training, craft, drawing, painting, writing skills, leadership skills, music
- Work on reports and documentation
- Assist and participate adventure camp for the disabled children
- Update and maintain home page of the organization.
- There is no special experience in the fields of Education, Curriculum & Teaching; Inclusion required.
- Be Open Minded, Flexible, Creative, Committed,
- Clean Police Background Check ( PBC ) is a must
Our project partner welcomes anybody who is interested to participate in our voluntary programs regardless of age, sex, religious belief, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
We offer you the possibility to engage yourself in a culturally and professionally challenging environment. Besides giving something back to the world; you get an excellent opportunity to further develop your personality and intercultural competence. We find a social project that perfectly matches your qualifications and preferences; prepare you for your new assignment; guide you before and during your volunteering experience, help to fundraise your mission and following up on your achievements once you get home. For this service we charge 1.600 Euro (net).
In short: We will make sure that all you need for a successful mission is provided to you!
or how this project makes a difference:
Long Term aim (desired impact):
India where every child lives in better living condition, enjoying childhood to the full.
Short Term aim (desired output for the individual volunteer coming):
a) Life to Me – A project to create better life for the poor children with disability
b) Back to Home – A project to help children living on street to go back home.
c) Desire to live – A project to support children suffering from chronic illness.
d) Dignified life – A project to support children of sex workers to lead a dignified life
Accommodation on arrival:
The Project Partner will take care of the accommodation and food for the volunteers when they arrive for orientation with us.
Note: Our orientation starts with first Monday of every Month.
Project is closed: 1. March to April – Summer Vacation
2. Last week September to 1st Week in October – Winter holidays
3. 20th December to 2nd January – Christmas and new year holidays
Social activities (organised by partner):
1. The Project Partner organizes adventure camp for disabled/non-disabled children – 25 EURO/per person
2. Become a Santa Program before Christmas – 30 EURO/per person
3. Get together once in a three months – 20 EURO- food/accommodation/local travel
- Kannada language which is the local language to interact with the children and people – 25 USD/per person/per month
The Project Partner will arrange a mentor to support the volunteer during her/his volunteer program with us
1. Volunteer will visit the Project Partners office once in a week, there the volunteer can use free WiFi
2. There are many cyber center/Browsing centre nearby the projects/accommodation
3. The NPO will support the volunteer to purchase a data card which they can recharge the amount for data card.
Other relevant information:
We could appreciate the volunteer, when they love the children and come for volunteer service
After an extensive consultation and presentation of the first suitable projects, we will conclude a written agreement. In order to have planning security for all stakeholders.
Presentation of Volunteer Profile to Project Partner
Your application documents will be presented to the project partner.
If the project partner decides for you, he documents this on the so-called Confirmation of Assignment (COA).
This is an indication for us that the pure mediation process is completed here and we can start with the preparation.
You will be prepared individually according to your previous knowledge.
At regular intervals, we as well as the project partners expect a short documentation of your project results and progress.
At the end of the project a feedback round takes place and the project work will be evaluated together with all participants.
Qualified Letter of Reference
After successful implementation of the project, you will receive a qualified letter of reference.
Do you think that this project perfectly fits you?
In that case we welcome your resume and motivation letter in English. Please mention the assignment title and its VJD-No. as reference. We will of course ensure complete confidentiality and discretion while processing your inquiry.
All information is correct to the best of our knowledge, but we cannot guarantee its accuracy and completeness.
Save you favorite projects on your wishlist
- Keep interesting projects always in sight - even mobile!
- Save and manage search agents
- Free and easy: only your e-mail and password are needed
Your personal data will be protected
We guarantee the maximum protection of your personal data and do not pass it on to third parties.