Volunteer to assist the NGO Management
Our project Partner is a registered NGO in Tanzania since 2008 with the aim of helping the majority poor Tanzanians to ameliorate their living standards through agriculture and animal keeping. The Organization runs different programs suchh as teaching in schools and orphanages, helping in hospitals, Animal clinics, farms, ranches and Nursery schools. To perform a wide range of administrative activities in order to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization they are looking for the minimum time of 4 weeks for a Volunteer to assist the NGO Management (m/f).
Type: Knowledge Transfer (Probono)
Online Project: No
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Minimum Stay: 4 weeks
Max. No. of Volunteers: 2
Project focus: Agriculture, Organic Farming; Animal Care, Wildlife Protection; Livelihood Promotion
SDG: 17 Partnerships for the Goals
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for staff
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Maintain office supply inventories
- Resolve administrative problems and enquires
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff, telephones and petty cash.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
- 2 to 3 years of experience of basic office management, administration or as an assistant;
- Knowledge of principle and practices of basic office management
- General computer skills such as MS Office and knowledge of relevant software
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filling and record keeping
- Passionate about structures and efficient reporting
- Good command in English (desired), Swahili lesson is provided
We offer you the possibility to engage yourself in a culturally and professionally challenging environment. Besides giving something back to the world; you get an excellent opportunity to further develop your personality and intercultural competence. We find a social project that perfectly matches your qualifications and preferences; prepare you for your new assignment; guide you before and during your volunteering experience, help to fundraise your mission and following up on your achievements once you get home. For this service we charge 1.600 Euro (net).
In short: We will make sure that all you need for a successful mission is provided to you!
or how this project makes a difference:
Long Term aim (desired impact):
That the Organization runs professionally.
Short Term aim (desired output for the individual volunteer coming):
When everything is done on time (meeting the deadlines) Reports, letters, mails , phones, meetings are scheduled and done on time.
Accommodation on arrival:
GREENLAND LODGE-ARUSHA (WWW.SUNBRIGHTHOTELS.COM)
Project is closed:
Social activities (organised by partner):
-visiting national parks
-climbing mountain Kilimanjaro
Swahili lesson is provided
will be guided by the Organizational staff (General Manager)
We have wireless internet (WI-FI)
Other relevant information:
After an extensive consultation and presentation of the first suitable projects, we will conclude a written agreement. In order to have planning security for all stakeholders.
Presentation of Volunteer Profile to Project Partner
Your application documents will be presented to the project partner.
If the project partner decides for you, he documents this on the so-called Confirmation of Assignment (COA).
This is an indication for us that the pure mediation process is completed here and we can start with the preparation.
You will be prepared individually according to your previous knowledge.
At regular intervals, we as well as the project partners expect a short documentation of your project results and progress.
At the end of the project a feedback round takes place and the project work will be evaluated together with all participants.
Qualified Letter of Reference
After successful implementation of the project, you will receive a qualified letter of reference.
Do you think that this project perfectly fits you?
In that case we welcome your resume and motivation letter in English. Please mention the assignment title and its VJD-No. as reference. We will of course ensure complete confidentiality and discretion while processing your inquiry.
All information is correct to the best of our knowledge, but we cannot guarantee its accuracy and completeness.
Save you favorite projects on your wishlist
- Keep interesting projects always in sight - even mobile!
- Save and manage search agents
- Free and easy: only your e-mail and password are needed
Your personal data will be protected
We guarantee the maximum protection of your personal data and do not pass it on to third parties.