Our project partner is a foundation with 2 private schools closed to each other, whose goal is to encourage children to learn and practise their English skills. One is a pre-school with 50 children at age 3-5. Some kids coming from immigrant worker families. The project also envisages the training of local teenagers who aspire to become tour guide. The volunteers are not expected to teach English grammar, but to use alternative, fun-based flexible forms of teaching. The volunteers are not expected to teach English grammar, but to use alternative, fun-based flexible forms of teaching. By improving their language, interpersonal and communication skills the future generation of Thai Citizens built. Let discover a different Thailand, which seems miles away from the well-known vacation destinations.
Type: Helping Hands
Online Project: No
Location: Bangkok Noi, Bangkok, Thailand
Minimum Stay: 4 weeks
Max. No. of Volunteers: 1
Project focus: Education, Special Education; Children, Childcare
SDG: 04 Quality Education
- Providing basic English lessons and other extra activities such as English lessons to aspiring young tour guides and help at the school garden with vegetable growing
- Motivate children to learn and practice English by catching their attention with non-formal and unconventional teaching methods and activities which are at the same time amusing and educational.
- Find appropriate teaching methods that are tailored to the specific tender age of the kids and suitable for getting a good start with the learning of this foreign language.
- Promote a better understanding of other countries/continents and intercultural learning through the teaching of English as foreign language
- Teach drawing, play music, role-plays, group work, games and physical.
- older than 18 years
- Good health
- native speaker or fluent in English
- Experience in working with people, especially children
- Clean Police Background Check (PBC)
Cost & Services
We offer you the possibility to engage yourself in a culturally and professionally challenging environment. Besides giving something back to the world; you get an excellent opportunity to further develop your personality and intercultural competence. We find a social project that perfectly matches your qualifications and preferences; prepare you for your new assignment; guide you before and during your volunteering experience, help to fundraise your mission and following up on your achievements once you get home. For this service we charge 1.600 Euro (net).
In short: We will make sure that all you need for a successful mission is provided to you!
or how this project makes a difference:
Long Term aim (desired impact):
Promote a better understanding of other countries/continents and intercultural learning through the teaching of English as foreign language and allowing the children to come in contact with people coming from abroad and thus having different cultures.
Building the capacities of the future generation of Thai citizens by improving their language, interpersonal and communication skills.
Let discover a different Thailand, which seems miles away from the well-known vacation destinations.
Short Term aim (desired output for the individual volunteer coming):
Motivate children to learn and practice English by catching their attention with non-formal and unconventional teaching methods and activities which are at the same time amusing and educational.
Accommodation on arrival:
Bansabai Hostel and H2O Hydrogarden farm
Bansabai offers ideal comfort for your stay with enchanting privacy, spectacular beauty, clean and friendly atmosphere. With us, you will experience the home-like atmosphere. Surrounded by tropical verdant residential environment and our friendly services. We offer full-facilities for our guests, including meeting room, fitness room, kitchen, internet room, garden and swimming pool.
We offer all the comfort you need for your stay, but, at the same time, our great location will give you the opportunity to enjoy and experience real Thailand among local people. Stay with us an enjoy local hospitality. The complete package offered by the Project Partner to stay in this hotel is around 303 €. Please visit www.bansabaihostel.com for more information.
Project is closed:
April, May, October.
Social activities (organised by partner):
If available in accommodation, internet will be provided for free to volunteers.
Volunteers may purchase a 1 month unlimited Internet package for smart phone that costs about 850 THB (22 EUR) (4G net). The local project partner staff will assist the volunteers to get the right package.
Other relevant information:
The 1st month free of charge if you take advantage of the service package. After that:
• General Manager`s guesthouse: 1.000 THB/weekly (around 26 € per week)
• Foundation house: 1.200 THB/weekly (around 31 € per week)
• Apartment with air condition: 1.500 THB/weekly (around 39 € per week)
3 meals a day cost differently according to the volunteer’s preferences:
• Thai-food 200 THB (about 5-6 €) in local restaurants
• If he/she wants more sophisticated food (fried or steamed fish, crabs etc. for dinner), 10-11 €
• Only western-style food 12-13 € per day.
We recommend a minimum stay of 4 weeks in most cases with a maximum recommended stay of 2½ months.
Last update: July 2016
After an extensive consultation and presentation of the first suitable projects, we will conclude a written agreement. In order to have planning security for all stakeholders.
Presentation of Volunteer Profile to Project Partner
If the project partner decides for you, he documents this on the so-called Confirmation of Assignment (COA).
This is an indication for us that the pure mediation process is completed here and we can start with the preparation.
You will be prepared individually according to your previous knowledge.
At regular intervals, we as well as the project partners expect a short documentation of your project results and progress.
At the end of the project a feedback round takes place and the project work will be evaluated together with all participants.
Qualified Reference Letter
Qualified Letter of Reference
After successful implementation of the project, you will receive a qualified letter of reference.
Do you think that this project perfectly fits you?
In that case we welcome your resume and motivation letter in English. Please mention the assignment title and its VJD-No. as reference. We will of course ensure complete confidentiality and discretion while processing your inquiry.
Save you favorite projects on your wishlist
- Keep interesting projects always in sight - even mobile!
- Save and manage search agents
- Free and easy: only your e-mail and password are needed
Your personal data will be protected
We guarantee the maximum protection of your personal data and do not pass it on to third parties.