The aim of the non-profit organization is to improve the livelihoods of rural communities by generating economic, agricultural, educational and cultural empowerment, and by promoting health and gender equality through the mobilization, training, education and entertainment of all women, men and children. As some targets could not be met due to limited financial resources, the organisation now relies on the volunteers to impart knowledge and skills in social media and on-line fundraising. For the minimum time of 12 weeks, we are looking for Pro Bono Consultants to develop a sustainable fundraising strategy.
Type: Knowledge Transfer (Probono)
Online Project: Yes
Location: Nsanje, Malawi
Minimum Stay: 12 weeks
Max. No. of Volunteers: 3
Project focus: Community Development, Capacity Building; Agriculture, Organic Farming; Education, Special Education; Women/Girls, Women’s Issues, Women Empowerment
SDG: 11 Sustainable Cities and Communities; 04 Quality Education
- Develop a fundraising strategy paper for the coming five years which will assist Marketing activities
- Map out potential fundraising projects
- Develop Monitor and Evaluation system,
- Train NGO staff in social media and online fundraising tools,
- Assist in formulation of policies (volunteer policy, recruitment, gender, financial and other policies)
- The volunteer is expected to collaborate with the Executive Director of the NGO in developing the fundraising strategy, as well as increasing the partnership base of the organization with potential funders
- 2 to 3 years of experience in Strategy, Fundraising; Financing, Coching, Social Media and/or Communications.
- Leadership experience with the ability to motivate & develop skills of others;
- The candidate should have a good sense of humor, ability to build strong working relationships with the community; respectful and sensitive to different cultural values and norms; good training and facilitation skills.
- Further assets are flexibility, adaptability & patience and an interest in innovative ideas and appropriate technologies, good in English skills.
- Experience in monitoring & evaluation methods;
- Experience of sensitively influencing policy, advocacy and networking
- Experience of working with the District Assembly and all other Government structures who are our sole partners.
Cost & Services
We offer you the possibility to engage yourself in a culturally and professionally challenging environment. Besides giving something back to the world; you get an excellent opportunity to further develop your personality and intercultural competence. We find a social project that perfectly matches your qualifications and preferences; prepare you for your new assignment; guide you before and during your volunteering experience, help to fundraise your mission and following up on your achievements once you get home. For this service we charge 1.600 Euro (net).
In short: We will make sure that all you need for a successful mission is provided to you!
or how this project makes a difference:
Long Term aim (desired impact):
The volunteer fundraising and partnership Officer is expected to collaborate with the Executive Director in developing the fundraising strategy, as well as increasing the partnership base of the organization with potential funders. Will establish an online fundraising strategy which will assist Marketing activities of Sustainable Rural Community Development Organisation Malawi
Short Term aim (desired output for the individual volunteer coming):
Development of fundraising proposals
Assisting the organization to come up with fundraising strategy paper for the coming five years
Map out potential fundraising projects in Nsanje
Accommodation on arrival:
Project is closed:
Social activities (organised by partner):
During the holiday the volunteer will be traveling to see all the interesting places in Malawi
Safali to Majete Game Reserve, Nyala Park and Visiting Lake Malawi
Should be ready with a doongle with a monthly fee of 18 Euro units
Other relevant information:
After an extensive consultation and presentation of the first suitable projects, we will conclude a written agreement. In order to have planning security for all stakeholders.
Presentation of Volunteer Profile to Project Partner
If the project partner decides for you, he documents this on the so-called Confirmation of Assignment (COA).
This is an indication for us that the pure mediation process is completed here and we can start with the preparation.
You will be prepared individually according to your previous knowledge.
At regular intervals, we as well as the project partners expect a short documentation of your project results and progress.
At the end of the project a feedback round takes place and the project work will be evaluated together with all participants.
Qualified Reference Letter
Qualified Letter of Reference
After successful implementation of the project, you will receive a qualified letter of reference.
Do you think that this project perfectly fits you?
In that case we welcome your resume and motivation letter in English. Please mention the assignment title and its VJD-No. as reference. We will of course ensure complete confidentiality and discretion while processing your inquiry.
Save you favorite projects on your wishlist
- Keep interesting projects always in sight - even mobile!
- Save and manage search agents
- Free and easy: only your e-mail and password are needed
Your personal data will be protected
We guarantee the maximum protection of your personal data and do not pass it on to third parties.